To help protect our customers and guard against theft and fraud we need to establish and verify the identity and address of all Buy and Buyback customers.
We will likely ask for ID when selling items to us, when paying for items, in cash over £1000 in value and when placing an item on BuyBack with us.
If you are unable to provide the required ID then its likely we will be unable to transact with you in certain circumstances. The staff in store will help you and advise you on the correct steps to take.
|PROOF OF IDENTITY||PROOF OF ADDRESS|
* UK Passport
* UK Photo-card driving licence
* (full and provisional at the customer’s current address) EU Passport
* (for non-UK nationals from an EU country) EU National ID card
* (for non-UK nationals from an EU country) Non-EU Passport
* (for non-UK nationals from a country outside the EU) and proof of residency or work permit issued by the UK Border Agency Non-EU ID Card
* (for non-UK nationals from a country outside the EU) and proof of residency or work permit issued by the UK Border Agency
* Old style UK driving licence, plus an additional proof of address (from list below dated in last 3 months)
* Document issued by DWP to confirm entitlement to benefit, tax credit or pension (dated in last 12 months and at current address); plus, proof of DOB (i.e. Birth Certificate, student card, NHS card, citizen card, letter from the doctor or prescription)
* Document issued by HMRC to confirm payment of income tax or income tax rebate (dated in last 12 months and at current address); plus, proof of DOB (i.e. Birth Certificate, student card, NHS card, citizen card, letter from the doctor or prescription)
* All Photo ID must be in date
* Dated in the last 3 months Utility bills – gas, electric, water, tv license, Sky, internet provider, landline, mobile bill if on contract
* Council issued correspondence – council tax, housing benefit, voting card, tenancy agreement
* Credit card / bank statements
* Insurance letter – car, house, life / private pension, home, pet Other documents
* issued by government body; job centre plus, DWP, HMRC, court letter, CRB check letter
* Photo card driving licence (at current address and in date) if customer has used a passport as proof of identity
*All proofs accepted must be on official headed paper with the full name and address of the company issuing them.
What We Cannot Accept.
We can’t accept solicitor’s letters as solicitors do not always do any verification checks on their clients, they often just accept the name and address details given.
NHS letters cannot be used for the same reason.
P45/P60 and payslips are not acceptable as they are issued by your employer (who could be large business or sole trader so we have no way of telling what checks have been carried out)